Monday, August 1, 2011

Why I want to write about cooking

I love to talk about food and cooking so why not write about it? I have often spent the better part of a day cooking up various dishes to see what I can invent. I own at least 50 cookbooks, have several hundred recipes saved on my laptop or written on recipe cards, yet I rarely follow any of them. If I am going to cook a new dish (or one I haven't made for awhile), I spend a couple of hours looking through my books and online for similar recipes. I then take what I think to be the best pieces of those recipes and that's where the fun really begins...

Because I don't follow recipes, I rarely have a written record of my inventions so I'm going to start writing about them here. I have also challenged myself to begin baking. This is something I have always detested since following a recipe is vital to the process, but I want to be a better cook so it is all about taking my skills out of my comfort zone.

No comments:

Post a Comment